1. Imagine selling your accumulated "internet real estate" and making passive income whether you're working or not. Some of our sellers buy and trade domain names in their free time as a hobby, and some are able to make it their full time profession.
3. As an Seller on our Marketplace you have responsibilities to us and buyers of your domain names. Please take the time to review these Seller Terms carefully.
5. Read on for details about your seller responsibilities, the process of selling your domain names on our Marketplace and how you can earn money with us.
Becoming a Seller
6. Becoming a seller is free: Becoming a seller and putting your domain names up on our Marketplace is free but there is a review process before your domain names go live. There are a few things you promise in exchange for the right to be a seller, which are outlined in these Seller Terms.
7. Process to become a seller: There are easy steps you follow to sign up as an seller, which are outlined on our How to Sell Your Domains on BrandBucket page. There you'll find instructions and resources that will help you get started. You can then register for a seller account.
How selling your domains works
8. Transfer of ownership: When you sell a domain name, you're making your domain name available to buyers to purchase for a one-time payment, and full rights and ownership of the domain name will be transferred from you to the buyer.
9. Exclusivity: When you become a seller, you are electing to make your domain names available exclusively on our Marketplace, and will remove any listings for your domain names elsewhere.
10. Your earnings; marketplace fee: When your domain name is sold on our Marketplace, you will earn the sale price less a marketplace fee of 30% that we charge, plus less a logo design award between $100 and $500 that you elect at the time of listing. The platform fee can change at our discretion, from time to time. Any changes to the rate will take effect on and from the date on which notice of the variation is posted by us on our Marketplace.
11. Prices of domain names: We know how valuable your assets are to you and so we endeavor to make the sale price of your domain names fair and in line with the going market rate. We have control over the suggested prices for your domain names, and you are allowed to raise or lower the visible sale price of your names by 20% at any time.
12. Review: When you think you have a domain name suitable for our Marketplace, you will submit that domain name to us to check the quality and whether it is a good fit for our buyers. Although we always like to provide constructive feedback we're not obliged to give you any reasons for rejecting your domain name. We have the final say on whether domain names are accepted for the Marketplace.
How do payments of earnings work?
13. We will pay you the sale price of your domain names less our platform fee and less the agreed upon logo design award. In order for us to do this, you authorize us to collect payments for your domain names, to credit your Marketplace account with your earnings, and to distribute your earnings to you.
14. When the transfer of your domain name to the buyer is complete and verified, we'll pay you at the next payment cycle, which is currently every Tuesday and Thursday.
15. You must provide us with correct and up-to-date details and payment method.
16. You may bear some or all expenses incurred by us in paying monies to you.
17. Payment methods available for buyers to buy your domain names involve payment agents that have their own standard terms and conditions regarding refunds, chargebacks, fees and unauthorized transactions (which we don't control). If a Marketplace transaction on a domain name is subject to payment agents' refunds, chargeback, fees and unauthorized transactions, we may automatically deduct those amounts from your Marketplaces account.
18. Payment errors: We will continue to hold your earnings if we're not able to pay your earnings to you for whatever reason, including if:
- we do not have the correct payment details;
- we can't contact you using the contact details that you have supplied; or
- you are asking for payment to be made to a person or an institution that we're legally prohibited from making payments to, or where there are limitations in the banking systems.;
19. Currency conversions: Whenever we make a payment to you as a seller, you are responsible for all costs of converting the amount of the payment from US dollars into your preferred currency. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don't control either the conversion rates or your financial institution's fees).
Seller promises and responsibilities
20. As a seller you promise to us and each buyer of your domain names that:
- you own or have rights to sell the intellectual property rights in that domainname and that domain name does not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party;
- the domain name listing is not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory;
- the domain name and domain name listing does not violate any applicable law or regulation (including those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination, trade practices or fair trading);
21. As a seller you promise to us that you will follow any seller guidelines provided by us, act in good faith, and provide assistance and co-operation as we reasonably request.
23. Other sellers and affiliates' use of your domain name: A BrandBucket affiliate can use your domain name and description in their promotion of the Marketplace and no compensation is due for these uses.
24. Our use of your domain names: We may use the whole or part of your domain names to promote the Marketplace. This promotional use may include use in public relations, emails, on a features page, or on other sites (e.g. social networks). No compensation is payable for these uses.
25. Domain name removal: We have the right to remove a domain name for any reason, using our reasonable discretion. For example, we may review the overall portfolio to keep our Marketplace fresh and full of quality domain names that meet our latest quality standards and market trends. Also, issues about a domain name might be brought to our attention such as errors, representations, or even violations. Our goal is always to address these situations with you constructively. We also aim to give you notice before a domain name is removed, but this is not always feasible or possible, so we can't guarantee this. We will not be responsible for any loss that you may suffer as a result of your domain name being removed, and unless the removal is due to a violation or mis-representation, we will credit you any listing fees you may have paid.